Don't delay, start your future today!
You can take graduate-level courses without being formally admitted to a degree program. Courses may be applied toward a future graduate degree if:
- the course is a graduate-level (4xxx-level or above), and
- you register for credit as a non-degree graduate student and pay graduate-level tuition.
Not currently enrolled at the University of Minnesota:
For Fall courses, submit applications by August 1
For Spring courses, submit applications by January 2
- Download and submit a Registration Request for Graduate Credit for Non-degree Students form (non-degree students cannot register online).
- Send the form to the department offering the courses for authorization. This form must be used each term until you are admitted to a program.
- Upon authorization the department offering the graduate course will forward the form to the registrar or provide you with further instructions.
- You will receive confirmation and payment instructions by email.
Applications due by April 15th
This Graduate-Certificate Program is appropriate for anyone with:
- Strong interest in the food system
- Baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA 3.0 or higher*
- Prepare the following materials:
- Brief letter of intent describing career interests and relevance of program to personal development
- Current resume or C.V.
- Contact information for two academic and/or professional references
- Official undergraduate (graduate if appropriate) transcripts
- Access and complete online application using this link
- Choose the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities campus (even though fully online)
- Select Integrated Food Systems Leadership - Certificate
International Students are welcome to apply, with guidelines available at this link. English proficiency requirements can be accessed here.
*In certain circumstances, promising applicants with lower GPA may be considered for the program. If this exception applies to you, please contact [email protected] to discuss your situation. The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is not required for admission into IFSL.
The Integrated Food Systems Leadership graduate certificate can be combined with other University of Minnesota programs to earn a Master's degree.
One of our premier partners is the Master of Professional Studies in Applied Science Leadership. Contact the University of Minnesota's College of Continuing and Professional Education enrollment advisor Steve Wicks ([email protected]) to learn more about this program.
Other Master's degrees can be discussed based on your individual goals. Contact the University of Minnesota IFSL program director Dr. Jennifer van de Ligt ([email protected]) to set up time to discuss options.
Considering applying and still have questions? Please reach out to us today at [email protected]du